In andrology services, ZIVA is providing sperm freezing also known as semen cryopreservation. It is highly effective in preserving the function and sperm motility. In Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART), storage of sperms is usually done for future use.
Sperm cryopreservation is done in situations like:
• Before undergoing chemotherapy or radiation therapy
• Testicular surgery or vasectomy
• Exposure to chemicals or extreme heat conditions.
• Low sperm count or low-quality sperm
How sperms are collected and frozen?
• Your semen sample is collected in a small container
• Once the sample is collected, it is tested for its quality, motility and morphology
• If sperms are not present in the semen sample, then they are surgically retrieved
• The sperm sample is then preserved in a cryo-protectant in small tubes.
• The frozen sample is stored in the lab until required.
• When required, the sample is thawed, washed and tested for mobility
• It is then used in IUI or IVF treatment.