Ziva Fertility Provides the best ICSI treatment in Hyderabad. ICSI procedure is similar to IVF, but the only difference is in the method of achieving fertilization. It is a laboratory procedure, in which a fine glass needle is used to pick up a single sperm and place it directly into your egg.
Your partner’s sperms could be collected naturally and also be retrieved by TESE (Testicular sperm extraction) or MESA (Microsurgical epididymal sperm aspiration). Our experts will choose the best sperm from the sample for your treatment.
When do we suggest ICSI –
• Severe oligospermia (low sperm count)
• Failure of fertilization in IVF
• Obstruction of efferent duct system (male)
• Unexplained infertility
ICSI procedure step by step:
Except for the method of fertilization in ICSI, remaining all steps remain identical to IVF treatment.
1. A sperm sample is taken from your partner or surgically extracted.
2. Your eggs are surgically retrieved
Once we have retrieved your eggs and spermatozoa that has best motility and morphology, we proceed to microinjection.
During this step, a fine glass needle is used to pick up the selected sperm and is placed directly into the egg.
In this way, fertilization is facilitated through the ICSI procedure.
4. After injecting, your fertilized egg is observed for its growth and development
5. Once the embryo has developed enough it is implanted into your uterus aseptically.
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection allows the egg and sperm to come together directly, facilitating fertilization. A sperm that has lower motility or poor morphology might have difficulty to achieve this naturally.