When a couple tries to get pregnant, they often think about their fertility and women more than men. In both men and women, their lifestyle greatly impacts their fertility. A woman’s ability to conceive a biological child is termed fertility. If you’ve been trying to get pregnant with frequent, unprotected sex for at least one year — or at least six months if you’re older than 35 — with no success, please think about fertility and consult a doctor.
What are the reasons for female fertility problems?
Various medical issues that contribute to female fertility problems are:
- Ovulation disorders include a wide range of disorders, such as polycystic ovary syndrome, hyperprolactinemia and thyroid problems.
- Uterine or cervical abnormalities in the uterus, such as polyps or fibroids.
- Fallopian tube damage or blockage as a result of pelvic inflammatory disease.
- Endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows outside the uterus.
- Primary ovarian insufficiency means early menopause, where the ovaries stop working, and menstruation ends before age 40.
- Pelvic adhesions are bands of scar tissue entwined along the organs after a pelvic infection, appendicitis, or abdominal or pelvic surgery.
- Pre-existing health conditions include no menstruation, poorly controlled diabetes, celiac disease and autoimmune diseases such as lupus.
- Age is a major factor since delaying the pregnancy means a decline in the quantity and quality of your eggs, making it harder to conceive.
How to improve your fertility as a woman?
A simple principle of maintaining healthy lifestyle choices helps in promoting fertility. One has to take steps such as:
- Maintaining a healthy weight is critical since being overweight or underweight can inhibit normal ovulation.
- Be aware of sexually transmitted infections such as chlamydia and gonorrhoea. These STDs are a leading cause of infertility for women.
- Do not work late nights since regularly working at night can increase your risk of infertility due to hormone imbalances. But in unavoidable situations, if you have to work at night, please get enough sleep when you’re not working.
- Keep stress at bay with healthy coping methods like yoga, relaxation techniques, and meditation.
- Dietary changes: Make antioxidants like folate and zinc part of your diet since they improve both men’s and women’s fertility. Folate and zinc will deactivate the free radicals in your body. If present in the body, these free radicals can damage sperm and egg cells.to improve your fertility as a woman, please consume fruits, vegetables, nuts, and grains since they contain beneficial antioxidants like vitamins C and E, folate, beta-carotene, and lutein.
- Increase your activity levels: in the vast list of benefits from exercise, increased fertility is one of them. One should do it in moderation, which positively affects fertility for women and men.
What should you avoid to improve your fertility as a woman?
Just adopting a healthy lifestyle is not sufficient. One should avoid some bad habits too.
Quit smoking: Tobacco use has been proven to be associated with low fertility. Smoking will age your ovaries, and the egg quality reduces prematurely. But if you are used to smoking and cannot quit it, please ask your healthcare provider to help you quit.
Limited alcohol intake: Heavy doses of alcohol consumption are associated with an increased risk of ovulation disorders. Avoiding alcohol completely at conception and during pregnancy. Until now, a safe level of fetal alcohol consumption hasn’t been established.
Curb your caffeine intake: In regard to fertility, consider limiting your caffeine intake.
Do not over exercise: Too much vigorous physical activity inhibits ovulation and reduces progesterone production. If your weight is normal, and you want to get pregnant, limit your vigorous physical activity to less than five hours a week.
Avoid working in a toxic chemical environment: Pesticides, dry-cleaning solvents and lead adversely affect fertility. Consider staying away from any type of environmental pollutants and toxins.
We at ZIVA Fertility Clinics offer counseling services on improving your fertility as a woman. Remember that leading a sedentary lifestyle is very detrimental to fertility. To improve your fertility as a woman, we suggest maintaining an active mind and body. Please visit our website https://zivafertility.com/ or contact us at +91-9100002737, +91-9392834024, and